Tuesday, August 7, 2012

August 7, 2012

Indeed, we have the drywall!


Jay teaching David Ross how to stock the drywall in the house.  I think they both received quite a work out here. 


Before the drywall can be started, Jay needed to create the arch in between our current kitchen and the front entry.  This is how he did it:  nailed a few nails into the plywood and traced the arch.  I had him move the nails just a few times to my liking, because I wanted it "just right".  It was well worth it too.  So glad I had him do this!

Here's just after the cut.

Ya hoo!!  There's our new arch!

Jay's cousin, Kevin Friedel, helping out again.  This time to help hang the drywall.  He's probably happier doing this than tearing out that chimney!

Trying to level out the joists to make certain our ceilings don't bow.

All the ceilings were hung yesterday.

How pretty!

Inspector Gadget making sure it's all going to be alright.

Upstairs ceiling hung.

Day #2 of hanging drywall.  WE HAVE WALLS!!

I think the drywall dust is getting to him already.  

Blows me away, how different this is looking!

Office

Downstairs bathroom. (No this is not painted, it's the drywall.)  Carlee thought I painted it....lol  


Upstairs bathroom
Well, that's about it for now.  I really feel like things are taking shape here.  I'm still hoping for a running toilet in here by Carter's birthday, but  I think we're running out of time for that.  Not sure...what do you think Chris??  That might not be so much the problem as much as getting our bathroom door in time, that hasn't been ordered yet.  (Jay has said for two days now that he will contact Norb and it's just been a phone tag game right now.  Norb will probably read it on here before they actually talk!)  Next is the taping and finishing.  I think I'll have to spot screws very soon.  That's about all I know how to do when it comes to drywall....lol  After that comes the flooring!  

I believe we have officially worn Carter out of the camper.  It's been "the place to be" since he's been out of school for the summer.  Last week we decided to sleep in the house for a change, and now everyone is preferring to stay in the house, even with the mess.  I think the kids really missed sleeping in their own beds....can't blame them....so did I!




1 comment:

  1. after paint and tile, I will be there with bells on.

    chris

    ReplyDelete