Monday, August 13, 2012

August 13, 2012

Yesterday, we installed two more windows.  (Yes, I even helped.)

This is the opening of one of the windows that was accidentally insulated.  Here Jay is cutting out the opening.  

Exterior of where the opening will be.




Short video clip of the opening coming out.





This is how we got it down.
I lifted Jay and the opening back down.  This probably was a sight to see....as well as when I lifted him and the new window UP.  I only jerked a few times.  Hey, I'm not used to the tractor like he is.
All ready for the window.


Look at that!  Wow....did that brighten it up!

Won't it look nice when the other two windows upstairs are similar?  In time....

Putting this window in on the opposite side of the hallway was easy peasy compared to the other side.

Today....


sanding


Later today he will start the spraying.  

A bit of a bummer, but we're back in the camper until the end of the week.  There's too much going on to try and live in there right now.  Flooring in the upstairs bathroom will be done on Wednesday and Thursday.  Chris, the plumber, will be back towards the end of the week.  My washer and dryer are scheduled to be delivered on Friday sometime.  It's all coming together...

I hope to get some spraying pictures up tomorrow sometime.  :-)


2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I'm the granddaughter of the last owners of this home. They gave me the link to this blog. I've spent a lot of time in this house and feel like I grew up there. I just want to say that it looks beautiful. Thank you for seeing the potential in this home and for bringing out the beauty in it. You are all doing such a great job.
    Keep up the good work!
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamie,
      Sorry it took me so long to respond. I keep meaning to....
      Thanks for the compliments! My husband and I have worked hard on this project, and we too think this home is well worth a remodel. :-) Things have slowed down for the most part, but everything is completed with the exception of trim work and some ceiling fixtures. Keep the blog address handy and check in every now and then....you never know what we could be doing! :-)

      Delete